Monday, November 15, 2010

Daw Aung San Suu Kyi

Aung San Suu Kyi is a pro-democracy opposition leader in Myanmar. Which was formally known as Burma. Aung was under the detention center for almost two decades straight. She was under house arrest  until 2002 and was then arrested again a year later. She was known for gathering crowds everywhere she went. Then in August 2009 she was later convicted of violating the terms of her house arrest after a crazy event in which an American man swam across a lake and spent at least one night on the grounds of her home. She was arrested on numerous occasions due to crowds gathering to celebrate her accomplishments.

http://www.nytimes.com/info/daw-aung-san-suu-kyi/

Freedom 2 Lead:
We need freedom
That is all i fight for
I have been under detention for 10 years and more
They don't understand why I fight for this
I am just here to fufill my wish
Which is to fight for freedom
Freedom 2 Lead is me
Im Aung San Suu Kyi and I say it proudly
They can't stop my drive
They can't kill my strive
Because
We Need freedom

By:Keelah Collymore For Aung San Suu Kyi

No comments:

Post a Comment